Wednesday, November 4, 2009

So Go Downtown, Things'll Be Great When You're Downtown No Finer Place, For Sure!

Petula Clark said it best,
"When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know - downtown
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?"

Now a time for reflection.

It didn't hit me until I was walking to my car after today's practice, but today was my last Cross Country practice of my college season. That's kind of depressing, where did the time go? I also realized it all came full circle. My first practice ever in Albany was the summer before I came here and we ran downtown. Today without even realizing it, we ran downtown. This was without a doubt my favorite run this season. We all laughed and told stories, we matched ourselves up with our equals, or so we thought, from the men's team, it was just exciting.

We arrived downtown around dusk, all the lights were on in the capital building, the state buildings and Corning Towers.

It was beautiful.

It was a great way to go out.

So just remember:


The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
So go downtown, where all the lights are bright

No comments:

Post a Comment