Tuesday, September 16, 2008

About ROA

I'm a local Albany college student athlete. With an addiction for running and a budding journalists eye.

I've been running since I was in 5th grade, it's something that is a part of my life, and something I do most everyday. Running was once and still sometimes is a release for me; something I thoroughly enjoy. Running competitively was one of the biggest highlights of my high school days and I continued this when I went to college on a running scholarship. Often times today I think of it as a chore, rather than something I love to do.

This scares me.

I've realized it's time I learn to love it again. One of my favorite things about running in Albany is that no matter where you choose to go you're always going to run (literally) into something different, even if you take the same route as yesterday. More common than not, it's something strange, something you'd only see in Albany.

Besides from the abnormal situations you find yourself running into, I've also found out that running in Albany allows you to become a tour guide, if you will, of the city. I know all the side streets, all the up and coming businesses, or restaurants, which road are on construction, I see everything and run through it all.

I've decided to RUN OVER ALBANY and blog about it because I think there's a story, with every run I go out for and I think a lot of people will agree. ROA will follow me and sometimes my team as we continue our trek through college and everyday life.

So lace up your shoes and lets go.

No comments:

Post a Comment