Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Thought It Was Bad Before

I don't often talk about myself on this blog and I usually don't rant on and on about random things. In fact I think I've only done this once or maybe twice. I was stressed out beyond belief, I felt like there was not enough time in the day to do everything that I had to do and I wasn't happy about it.

But I've come to a realization.

Abby, You Aint Seen Nothing Yet.

Today I sat down and thought about next semester. It is my senior year of college and after the completion of next semester I am done forever. FOREVER, unless for some outlandish reason I decide to go to grad school. I have finished all my required classes for both my major and my minor in order to graduate in May.

Because of this I will be interning full time next semester.
My internship is not paid.
I need to intern full time in order to receive twelve credits.
I need to have twelve credits in order to be full time.
I need to be full time in order to run Track & Field.
I need to have time in the day to go to practice for Track & Field.
I need to have time in the weekend to go to Track & Field races.
I need to run Track & Field because I'm on scholarship, and I love it.
I need to keep my scholarship because otherwise I can't afford my tuition.
I need to pay my many bills and my rent.
I need to work to pay my many bills and rent.
I need to have hours to go to work.
I somehow need to have more time to get laundry and other errands done.
I need lastly to have 30 stinking seconds to breath between all of this.
I want to have time to try and enjoy my last days in college.

How this is going to happen boggles my mind. I do however realize that in order for this to happen I need to manage my time like Tom Brady in a fourth quarter come-back drive (except for Sunday night, what a let down for us Patriot fans).

I have started to do this. I am not going to let things pile up like I did before. I am going to do things before they are due. I am going to rely a lot on my boyfriend to help around the house, not something I would like to do, but something I know he will gladly accept. I am going to get to bed earlier so I have energy to accomplish all these tasks.

It is going to be hard. But I know this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment