Friday, November 6, 2009

Long Runs and Skim Milk

DISCLAIMER: I'm not promoting binge drinking, but I'm being real and I know it occurs on college campus's world wide especially on 21st birthdays.  

So per usual 21st birthday festivities I had a bit too much to drink last night. As the great Kanye West says "Why is everything that is supposed to be so bad make me feel so good?" Luckily I took the day off of work today and I don't have any classes on Friday's so I was able to go out for a decent run this morning.

Here's some VERY HELPFUL hangover facts for everyone.

First I must disclose that I am lucky enough to not get that hungover the next morning when I drink heavily the night before. But as a semi-typical college kid I've had my fare share of rough nights with 8am wake-ups to go for a run. As my team and I like to say the best cure for a hangover is a long run and I personally like to complete it with a large cold glass of skim milk. I love skim milk and the morning after I drink it feels so good.

I know everyone's probably thinking how the heck am I supposed to run with a hangover, but that simply is the hardest part actually getting up and going out for the run. Once you're out there, after about mile three you'll start to feel refreshed, the first couple of miles you'll still be questioning why you're doing this. After you're done you'll feel so rejuvenated.

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment