Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Hate Riding The Bike, I Do Not Hate Riding Bikes



Saint Rose has a pretty decent fitness center located on the top floor of the Events and Athletics Center (EAC). Over my past four years here I have become rather accustomed to this place whether I would have liked to or not. Over my four year running career at Saint Rose I have more often than not been injured. Because of injury I often haven't been able to run at all or have been on a strict schedule where I can only run a certain number of times a week.

Because of that I have turned to The Bike. Hear me out. Growing up and even still I love to ride bikes. There is a big difference between riding bikes and riding The Bike. I give The Bike a name because that is exactly what it is. When I was injured it was always said, "yep coach I'm going to the gym to hit The Bike."

The Bike is stationary, stands about four and a half feet tall and sits nearly a foot and a half from the large glass window of the gym that faces two stories above Western Ave.

I've tried to read books or class work on the bike. Failed miserably. I've tried to peruse through a magazine. Again not happening. There is nothing you can do on The Bike to make the time pass faster or to steer you away from complete boredom. 

I always resolve to jamming out on my iPod and getting the best possible workout I can while doing so. I figure if I have to be doing it than I might as well do it right.

There's always those days where I really can't get motivated and I end up staring at random bad drivers trying miserably to park along Western. At least I don't have to park The Bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment