Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rainy Day Runs


 I love to run in the rain during the summer. There's nothing like the feeling of a sweltering hot Sunday run when the rain starts to pour down in sheets. I say Sunday run because Sundays are usually the longest distance run of the week.

I hate really hate running in the rain in the fall/winter months. 

I really hate really freaking hate running in the rain in the fall/winter months.

I especially I really freaking hate running in the rain in the fall/winter months  really freaking hate running in the rain in the fall/winter months when I'm sick.

So rain rain go away come again some summer day.

Thank goodness for us practice today was just a quick and easy four to five miles. Also thank goodness for us the rain had calmed down to a steady sprinkle by the time we took off on our warm-up. Warm-up was no small feat for us because the girls were directly behind the boys (normally we have a little gap between the two teams). The problem is when you're running in a pack you cannot see what is coming directly in front of you. Therefore your leader would jump to the side to avoid a massive puddle, and you would be left to quickly react and find another way around. Mind you at this point we were still in the mindset of not completely soaking our socks and sneakers.

Our run was pleasant. The rain had almost completely died off by our first mile although it got rather chilly. I would assume our breath could be seen by the cars passing by us. All in all it wasn't the worst rainy day run I've ever had, but I still could have done without it and opted for a nice bike or treadmill workout.

We had to make a quick decision to do our striders on the sidewalk back at school because the courtyard where we normally do them was  quite swampy. Our striders are done to remind our body of the race day finishing kick. While we mave have ran an easy run we still want to make sure we keep the body ready for that lactic acid rush.

While nothing too crazy or exciting happened I didn't mind, I was in need of a break from Albany's antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment