Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just Don't Freakin Do It

I was walking home from the gym today and I saw it: my pet peeve

This unsuspecting middle-aged women annoyed me and she didn't even know it. Judging by her stride, she was a pretty avid runner. Nonetheless, she had committed the ultimate runner's fashion faux pas.
She was wearing black spandex with blue running shorts over top of them.

Please.

I'm begging you.

If you wear spandex pants to run in--Under Armour, or Nike spandex, I'm not talking leggings--DO NOT where shorts on top.

I don't know what it is, but over the years this has become one of my biggest pet peeves! It's not necessary. It doesn't even look functional and it's not comfortable.

This rule goes for runners only. If you're playing soccer or another recreational sport outside, then by all means wear shorts over your spandex.

But all you runners should be more seasoned than this.

I've discussed this with many other runners, and so far they have all agreed. By all means if you disagree and have supporting evidence for your case, please leave a comment.

So as the weather continues to get colder, you can find me throwing on my spandex for a run. But you better believe I'll be leaving the shorts at home!


Which one is better? You Decide!
                                                        Granted, it looks frumpy different when you're actually running in them, but I had already done my workout for the day and I wasn't about to be caught with shorts on over my spandex.

(Even if it was only for a five-minute span to take a picture!)

2 comments:

  1. I admit it. I am one of those spandex plus shorts people. I only do it because I don't want people to see my big butt jiggling. I know it looks dumb, but otherwise I feel naked. I am not a seasoned runner-- spankies horrify me.
    - Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wear sweat pants. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete